doTERRA Cypress Essential Oil is great for blemishes and other skin conditions. Native to Southern Europe and Western Asia, Cypress essential oil is derived from tall evergreen trees. Cypress’ fresh, clean scent offers an energizing, refreshing aroma
and is frequently used in spas. It is also commonly used by massage therapists because it offers a cooling sensation on the skin.
Cypress contains monoterpenes, making it beneficial for oily skin conditions. One of the main chemical constituents and monoterpenes in Cypress, α-pinene, helps to maintain healthy looking skin. It also has a grounding yet stimulating aroma, making it a popular oil to diffuse during times of transition or loss.
• Mix Cypress and Grapefruit essential oil with carrier oil for an invigorating massage
• Prior to a long run, apply to feet and legs for an energizing massage
• Add one to two drops to toner to balance moisture levels in the skin and maintain healthy looking skin
• Apply two to three drops to chest before gardening for an energizing aroma
• Diffuse with Lime essential oil for an invigorating scent
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Topical use: When used topically, dilute with carrier oil as needed.
Plant Part: Leaf
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Clean, fresh, woody, herbaceous
Main Chemical Components: α-pinene, carene, limonene
top of page
bottom of page