doTERRA Melissa officinalis, also known as lemon balm, received the name “Melissa” because of its sweet, fresh, citrus-like fragrance, which was known to attract bees (Melissa is
Greek for “honey bee”).
As one of our rarest and most expensive oils, Melissa has a variety of benefits and uses and is known for its calming fragrance. Melissa is used as a flavor in teas and ice cream as well as with some fish dishes. Diffuse to create a relaxing fragrance at home.
BONUS: Get all your doTERRA Products wholesale for the next year!
• Apply one drop to facial cleanser to promote clean skin.
• Apply to forehead, shoulders, or chest for a relaxing aroma.
• Add Melissa to daily moisturizer for a refreshedlooking appearance.
• Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply to
muscles before and after exercise.
• Add to herbal tea for a citrus-like flavor.
• Diffuse to create a relaxing fragrance at home.
• Add a few drops of Melissa to a spray bottle with water
and use on household surfaces.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 120 mL. of liquid.
Topical use: When used topically, dilute with carrier oil as
needed for skin sensitivity.
Plant Part: Leaf, top
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Citrus, herbaceous
Main Chemical Components: Geranial,
germacrene, neral, β-caryophyllene
top of page
bottom of page